Monday, April 16, 2007

Patriot's Day

Today I am going to complain about the state of Massachusetts having Patriot's Day off. Since the weather is so crappy here in New York, it would have been really nice to not have to go to work today. So anyway, apparently the state of Massachusetts gives the third Monday in April off every year for "Patriot's Day", celebrating the first battles fought in the Revolutionary War. Now since I'm a New Yorker, I'm going to argue that Patriot's Day should be extended down through the other states that were involved in the Revolution - weren't the thirteen colonies all in it together? Didn't we all hate the English equally? Didn't we tell them to take their taxes and their religious persecution and go fly and kite? Yeah we did. If anybody should be screwed out of this holiday, it should be California and Montana and Wyoming - who had no idea that a country was even forming over here in the late 1700s. If I had any free time on my hands I might start a letter writing campaign to Congress, but since I am at WORK today, my plate is already full. Hope you enjoy your holiday Drapo!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You New Yorkers may have hated the Brits as much as us Massholes, but unlike you, we actually did something about it. I mean, would it have killed you to at least have dumped some tea in the Hudson as a sign of solidarity? Jackasses...

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home