Friday, March 16, 2007

Jenn: 1, NYC DOT: Nothing

Well, the war on parking has begun. To continue an apartment releated string of posts, now I'll address probably the only downside to living in Forest Hills: alternate side parking. Coming from a neighborhood where alternate side doesn't exist, and meters are few and far between, having to deal with street cleaning rules is strange and a bit challenging. I think that there are a lot of idiotic parking rules in New York City, and this one is definetely at the top of my list. In Forest Hills we've got it on Thursdays and Fridays, by 8:30 a.m. Thursday, you've got to have your car on the Friday side of the street, and by 8:30 on Friday, you've got to move it back to the Thursday side. Why are we doing all this driving you ask? Street cleaning rules. Now this means some clunky sanitation truck will come by with rotating sweepers than barely touch the ground and basically blow all the trash around and leave it to settle on the other side of the street. Then the next day it blows it back. Way to waste our tax dollars, NYC. But anyway, in my first week in Forest Hills I managed to successfully find spots on the correct side of the street for alternate side, so I win this round. It will be interesting to see how many tickets I get for idiotic things like this during the time I live in Forest Hills.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home