Thursday, December 22, 2005

Strike: Day Three

Today was not bad. Not bad at all.

7:25 a.m. - Depart Maspeth. You can see I'm getting tired of this strike business - my departure time is a little later every day.

7:40 a.m. - arrive at the Wooside LIRR station. This time there's barricades up and a long ticket holder's line. Darn. They've finally got their ducks in a row.

7:45 a.m. - I reach the back of the line, which stretches down Roosevelt Avenue and up 62nd Street.

8:00 a.m. - We've moved quite a bit and I'm near the stairs for the platform.

8:10 a.m. - We move all the way to the stairs, and after a conductor glances at my ticket, I can advance up to the platform. I think its pretty funny that I've only had one ticket actually/taken punched so far. Otherwise, I just keep waving the same ones over and over again.

8:11 a.m. - At the top of the stairs on the platform, an LIRR employee tells us to move to the end of the platform. HA. Sorry chief, not falling for that one again.

8:15 a.m. - The train arrives. Since I was on the right end of the platform, I get on. But its very tight and pushy. Flashbacks to the express bus to Prep.

8:32 a.m. - Arrive at Penn Station. Somehow I end up coming out of a different exit every day. Today its somewhere in the middle of Madison Square Garden.

8:47 a.m. - Arrive at work. A day and a half more of this - and then I'm off for Christmas vacation, yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home