Monday, May 15, 2006

Poker Night

Last night Matt and I headed down to Brooklyn to join Pat, Eric, Alex, Will, Brian, and some new guy for some Texas Hold Em. I felt pretty cool, being the only girl at poker night (check out the pic I found to represent it) and it ended up being my most successful poker game ever.

We do a $10 buy in, and then you get a certain amount of chips for that money. Then you just play - and it keeps going until everyone is eliminated...one by one. And in the first round, I was eliminated as usual. But in the second, I was doing well, getting pretty good hands. And I ended up winning! Yay!

I would like to thank my poker mentor, Brian for all of his nights of exasperation at the Kettle for poker tutorials, and I would like to thank all the guys above for letting me play. It was fun!

Although... I wonder what the odds are of me being invited back now...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

odds are slim to nil. good luck, paco.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh. glad to see someone was listening when I kept repeating: "DON'T FOLD, you can just check..."

;-)

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home