Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Family and Other Accidents


Today is a very special day. It is the day that my good friend Shari's first book is released - pictured here on the right. Now you know I put up book reviews of the ones I like, and really only of the ones I like. And I could honestly say that even if I didn't know Shari personallly, the book would be up here. The biggest compliment that I can pay her is that while I was reading the story, I got so into it that I forgot that it was her book. So, if you take me up on any of my recommendations, don't hesitate to take me up on this one.

And if you're wondering if I recommend everything I read, I'd suggest going back and checking out every book recommendation I've posted on this blog. There's maybe six or seven for the year, right? Well, last year I kept track of how many books I read (out of curiosity) and the finally tally was 60. So you can see how many don't make it to the blog.

If you're interested in getting Shari's book, order it here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0385515979/104-2549851-3642316?v=glance&n=283155

You can also check out her web site at shairgoldhagen.com. For you New Yorkers, she's doing a reading next Tuesday - info is availalbe on the site!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I plan on buying it and recommending it to my mom's book club. And if she needs help promoting her readings in Boston, I'm the man! I'm already on her mailing list, so just let me know the dates whe'll be around here :)

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi jenn,

just finished reading family and other accidents. it was a great read. i loved it. it struck me as a really true book and i loved how it spanned a long period of time. it made me think about a lot of things happening in my life now. thanks for inviting me to the reading!

7:08 PM  
Blogger The Traveling Belgian said...

HI Jenn:

Can you get me an autographed copy? I will buy it. Thanks for the compliment on my photos.
Ann

3:02 PM  
Blogger Jlyn said...

Hey Ann!

Sure, I'm going to a reading of hers next week in Chicago - I'll be there on business and she's on a mini book tour! I'll pick you up a copy.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home