Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Vows


This is the latest book I read: "Vows: The Story of a Priest, a Nun and Their Son". Yes, you heard right. A priest and a nun left the church, got married and had a family. Now I was especially interested to read this book because I was raised Catholic and when you are raised Catholic you know that there are consequences for pretty much every single thing you do in a given day. So it was interesting to see what the church had to say about this exodus.

I ended up enjoying the book more that I thought I would though - because it is the story of these people as well as one of the church. We are told why and how these two people were called to their vocations, and what kind of work they saw themselves doing through the chuch. Later, we are treated to the author's own spiritual exploration.

It is so interesting to come across a book like this now when I am an adult, caught somewhere between my Catholic childhood and my (?) adulthood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home