Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Food Bank for NYC

Yesterday was Community Outreach Day at my company, so my team volunteered to be a part of one of the outreach efforts planned - spending a morning working at the Food Bank for NYC.

We trekked out to the Bronx from Wall Street - no small feat. After two trains and a bus (flashbacks of living at home!) we arrived at the warehouse. Our objective was to separate huge boxes of food into smaller boxes by category: fruit, condiments, snacks, etc. I ended up being a "boxer" - I would repack stuff that other people had separated, seal the boxes and deposit them on nearby pallets.

I confess, volunteer work is not something I do often, but I really enjoyed the work we were doing at the Food Bank. The time went by so fast, and it was nice to know that we were doing something good for others. Here is a picture of all of us at the warehouse.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home