Jenn's Health Experiment
Lately I've been thinking a lot about trying to be a little bit healthier. But first off, let me clarify something here. There is a difference between getting "healthy" and "healthier". I don't want to get "healthy" - at least not yet. It's not my style. Wheat germ and getting all excited about going an extra mile on the treadmill - blech. Not for me. But the way I eat and go about my life now - I find I'm more fatigued and blah than I probably should be - so this week I am going to try and make a few minor changes (the idea is make small changes so they are easier to stick to) and see how I feel at the end of the week. The changes are:
1. make sure I take a multivitamin every day. I just started taking them not too long ago, but I find about half the time, I forget to do it at all.
2. substitute my morning coffee for a cup of green tea. Let's see how the antioxidants work.
3. Eat an apple a day. I almost never eat fruit - but apples are okay in my book.
4. Hit the gym at least a couple of times this week. - We'll see how the schedule goes, but at least a couple of times will be something.
5. Try to drink eight glasses of water a day. I probably do about five - but what if I actually got the recommended dose?
I'm telling you guys this because telling people may keep me a little more honest and motivated to do this. So maybe ask me at the end of the week how it's going and if I feel a little better. If I do feel better - hopefully that will be the motivation to keep it up.
Labels: healthy living