Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Cross-Country Road Trip: Nashville


Greetings from the road. We've been crossing the country since Thursday - when we left Charleston, SC and drove through the Great Smoky Mountains to Nashville, TN. I am currently in Little Rock, Arkansas, which is why I have found time to do this blog entry. :-)

Nasvhille's a country town, at night we went to the bar whose neon sign you see here, the Stage. Inside a mural of country singers, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson and Roy Acuff graced the wall, and a band played a mix of country and contemporary and I wore a pink cowboy hat that the guys insisted I looked great in when we saw them in the store. (Reserve your comments, I do look great in it.)

The next day we took a tour of the Grand Ole Opry, the theater that is home to the longest running radio show in America. We got to go out on stage and sing the chorus to "You Are My Sunshine" so we could all say we've sung on the stage of the Grand Ole Opry. I like collecting memories like this, so all in all, Nashville was a good time.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home