Thursday, August 24, 2006

Project Runway

Summer is coming to an end and soon it will be September which means - all my shows will be back with new episodes! But I thought today I'd talk a little bit about my new favorite show that has kept me amused all summer while everything else was in reruns.

Project Runway is on Bravo, and it's a reality competition show - just like the Apprentice, but with fashion designers. And it's pretty cool - every week the designers are giving a new assignment, given thirty minutes to sketch out ideas, 30 minutes to purchase fabric, and a day or two to create an outfit. It's fun to see what they come up with, and how the judges react to what they come up with. There's almost no middle ground where these outfits are concerned, they tend to be either completely gorgeous or completely hideous.

Heidi Klum is the host and she's awesome. First of all, she's so damn pretty, and she's always got a cool outfit on, you just want to look at her. Second, she's a badass. She's not afraid to tell the designers when something sucks, nor is she afraid to say "I want that dress in every color" when its awesome. Tim Gunn is awesome too - he's the advisor for the designers (and the director of the fashion program at the New school), and his mannerisms are so amusing that KIm laughs out loud anytime he says anything at all, even "Time's up designers".

Thanks Beth for getting me into this show!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was leaning over, as people tend to do, while playing craps, and let's just say I wasn't wearing the most modest shirt in the whole world, and my chest was partially exposed. The guy across the table from me rolled ,and both dice smacked my chest, and one fell to the table and the other into the wooden row where the chips stay. Oy. He was pretty mortified, but I thought it was funny.

Oh, for a video blog...

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home