Friday, June 03, 2005

Another book recommendation!

It's great to work in publishing. This book was brought to my attention by my dear friend Beth. All the Fishes Come Home to Roost is a memoir - but one unlike any other that I've ever read. It's not easy to be poignant and sarcastic at the same time, but Rachel Manija Brown does it here. I sailed through this book in a day and half - it was that captivating. Now it doesn't come out until October -I got a sneak peak at a galley - but believe me - this one will be worth the wait.

3 Comments:

Blogger Abbey said...

Can't wait to read this one. You recommend some great books.
Please remind me once it comes out. (I have the worst memory since delivering Asia. Lol!)

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I hope this isn't too intrusive, but so many copies of my book were handed out at BEA that I went ego-surfing on google to see if anyone had read one yet, and so I found your post.

Thank you very much! I'm so glad you liked it. Did I sign it for you at BEA? I remember signing one to a J Lynn...

PS. Abbey can pre-order the book at amazon.com if she wants to be really sure to get it-- they'll just mail it to her when it comes out.

Rachel Manija Brown

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jenn lent this to me just like she lent me lucky girls and it was really excellent. so inspiring, so true. now aiguo has it!!

kim

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home