Tuesday, May 17, 2005

No Standing Anytime

My gripe for the day: No Standing Anytime signs. They recently put a few of these up on Caldwell Avenue, right off the street where I live, where me and everyone else who lives there parks their cars. What this means is we've now lost two perfectly good parking spots for absolutely no reason.

My message to Community Board 5: (and they will be getting a real complaint letter) stop putting up no parking, no standing and no stopping signs just because you can. Just because one person makes a complaint or witnesses a fender bender doesn't mean that a corner is in need of no standing anytime signs. You're only making parking more of a nuisance and adding one more annoyance to everybody's day.

My message to the traffic authority: do not even think about driving down Caldwell Avenue just to see if anyone's parked there to give them a ticket. Give us all a break and head up to Queens Boulevard where the traffic authority is actually needed - 24 hours a day.

My message to the noisy person who probably wrote a letter to Community Board 5 and got the signs put up: get a job, a hobby, a boyfriend, whatever. Stop looking out the window and worrying about what everyone else is doing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abbey said...

I agree with you, Jen.
Enough is enough.
Tell it how it really is! LOL!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home