Thursday, September 07, 2006

Another Florida Trip





On Labor Day weekend I flew down to Tampa to hang out with Abbey, Max, Asia, the dogs, and Max's father and Giovanni (their nephew) who was visiting. Here's a recap of the weekend:

In JFK - I saw Carson from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy checking in right near me. He was wearing a snazzy red and blue U.S. Open jacket and white pants. He looked fabulous. Second celebrity sighting in a week!

Biggest holy crap moment of the weekend: we're on the plane, taxiing, and all of a sudden I see us get on this line of about eight planes. then the captain comes on and tells us we're 25th in line to take off, and it will take another hour to get off the ground. Oy.

Abbey and Max are the most gracious hosts ever. They insisted on picking me up at the airport (which is not around the corner) even when my arrival time became 1 a.m. instead of 11:30 p.m. Thanks guys for coming to get me!

Since the last time I visited, Abbey and Max have acquired a few more dogs. They are actually breeding them now, so they actually had EIGHT this time. Here are there names: Shine, Trinity, Tyson, Tiffany, Chanel (because she was fifth in the litter...No. 5, get it?) Isis, Biggie, and Kimora. So if anybody wants to buy a dog, I know where you can get one! :-)

Asia! She was a month old the last time I saw her - now she's almost a year and a half. She's a ham - as you'll see in the pictures where she's right up close to the camera...posing and smiling away. She's a happy happy baby, and she's always running around, spinning, falling, laying flat on her back for a second, and then cracking up.

We went to the Magic Kingdom and rode the merry-go-round and It's a Small World - it was fun to take kids to Disney World for the first time. Last time I was there...I was the kid!

Shopping! It's Abbey and my trademark. Funny moment - going down the hall to the bathroom at the outlets, there's photos of other outlets in other states that this same company must own. So I'm walking down with Max and I say, "Oh there's the one that Abbey and I went to in Connecticut. Oh, and there's the one we go to in New York. And.." and Max is saying, "What the hell is this?' and I say "Jenn and Abbey's shopping trip hall of fame!"

Seriously though, I was so happy to be able to spend time with Abbey and Max again, and play with Asia and just be around them. They are in the very elite group of some of the greatest friends I have...and I want to thank them for all they do for me. Abbey, your doubles are in the mail! Miss you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home