Thursday, August 04, 2005

Things are getting too politically correct...



I just found out that apparently, over on Sesame Street, Cookie Monster is getting healthy. The folks over there feel that they need to teach kids more about eating healthy, getting exercise and taking in sweets in moderation. While I'm not against any of these things - I have to wonder if its fair though to take someone like Cookie Monster and force him to start choking down carrots. See, the thing is, he's a cookie monster. Cookies are his thing. That's all he ever did was eat cookies. I mean, we all watched Sesame Street when we were kids, and we turned out fine, didn't we? We don't want to eat cookies for breakfast lunch and dinner just because Cookie Monster did, right? (I mean we all did in college, but that was different. We had like, finals and stuff). Sigh. Well, Cookie Monster, I feel for you. I really really do. But if they start making him count carbs..

4 Comments:

Blogger . said...

I think it all starts at home. I think the most influential influence is the parents and lifestyle of the parents.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno Jen. I watched Sesame Street, and Cookie Monster, and I DO want to eat cookies breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

But if they really want to do the public a service they should let Bert and Ernie take a field trip to Mass. and get married to teach kids that being a gay puppet is OK.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Writer,

Your right!...What type of society do we live in?...For God's sake, why don't they just change his name to the "TOFU MONSTER"...(Mommy, Mommy What's Tofu?)

Anyway, I even heard through the grapevine that Oscar the Grouch will be changing his diet to a more healthier type of street garbage...What is this world coming too!!!...

And by the way, What about Miss Piggy????...That's right, No one put that slob on a diet!...That girl is such a pig!

Well, time for me to get back to watching Sesame Street...


Yours Truly,
A very concerned citizen

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't he just eat Snackwell's?

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home