Monday, March 14, 2005

High School Reunion


demo:jenn
Originally uploaded by jlyn1267.


On Saturday, March 12, I went to my ten year high school reunion at Christ the King. I wasn't sure why I was going - I wasn't crazy about school. But something possessed me to go. So Noelle and I got dolled up and headed over there - descending down the infamous CK hill for the first time in ten years.

And I have to say - it was fun. We saw people we hadn't seen in forever - and it was good to see them. Lots of people are married now - some engaged, some married and some with toddlers already. On the wall was posters of photos of us - fom the senior trip, from sitting out in the schoolyard.

One of the greatest parts of the reunion was the open bar, and we had lots of drinks and took a few moments to wander around the hallways of our old school. How strange it felt to be back.


Here I feel the need to add some of the specifics. Funniest line of the evening - Demo wanting to know "Does anyone here actually know my first name?" - The music. This is probably the only high school reunion in the world that played more than one TKA song. (Maria!) (Out of staters, don't ask).
With the reunion's end we felt the need to keep the party going - and several cars caravaned over to O'Neill's - where I only go if there's two feet of snow on the ground and its just impossible to get anywhere else. But we had a good time. Reconnected over drinks and shots and I ended up laughing the night away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abbey said...

Great to hear that you had such a good time. It's always cool to remember "the good ol' days". lol!

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home